A bathroom is any home’s ultimate relaxing space. And to achieve that ultimate relaxation, you need a functional and stylish bathroom. You can do small or complete bathroom remodeling to incorporate trending styles, features, and functionality. One of the best things about bathroom remodeling is that it can recoup great ROI. However, a successful bathroom update project needs a strategy, enough budget, and commitment. Here are handy bathroom remodeling tips for 2022 if you want to renovate a bathroom in the coming year.
Things to consider when remodeling a bathroom
The remodeling budget is one of the most vital things to consider when planning bathroom remodeling projects. Understand the essentials and get a quote for the labor and material costs. You might want to add a little more money to your bathroom remodeling project. This cash will cushion miscellaneous expenditure.
Consider the bathroom fixtures and materials you need to accomplish your project.
You can save money while getting bathroom remodeling materials with a clear strategy.
You can opt to salvage and reuse materials to cut renovation costs.
Another thing you need to have in mind when remodeling a bathroom is your contractor and subcontractors.
Hire a reputable bathroom remodeling contractor.
Also, ensure that you understand the subcontractors your general contractor will hire and their jobs on-site.
Additionally, ensure that you get an efficient, trustworthy, and reliable crew who will complete the job on schedule.
What are the 2022 bathroom trends?
If you plan to transform your bathroom, it is vital to understand the latest designs that suit your needs.
Unlike before, modern-day bathrooms are Instagram-worthy because trending bathroom designs take center stage.
You can combine art and style to create a functional, classy, and luxurious bathroom for your home.
Some of the 2022 bathroom trends you might want to consider include;
- Live nature in the bathroom. You can create space for pot plants in your bathroom to immerse yourself in nature as you enjoy your bathroom time.
- Bring the spa feel to your bathrooms at home. Installing spa-like features in a bathroom is another trend in 2022 many homeowners love. From high-end hardware to cozy floors and shower pans, you can combine touch, scent, and view and create a spa-like space in your home.
- Scenic bathroom walls. You can transform your plain bathroom walls with scenic murals. For instance, you can have nature-inspired, any art or scene that you need on your bathroom walls.
- More bathroom space. Another 2022 bathroom trend is that homeowners and buyers are looking for more bathroom space. If you want to add more bathroom space, you are on the right track.
- Glass partitions. Instead of shower curtains, you can use a glass divider which makes it classy and functional.
What is the cost to remodel a small bathroom?
Remodeling a bathroom depends on several factors, one of them being the bathroom size.
Another thing that determines bathroom remodeling costs includes the materials, floor plan, finishes, fixtures, and location.
On average, you can expect to spend $2,500 on the lower end and cough up to $27,000 on the high end to remodel a bathroom.
The best way to get accurate costs to remodel a small bathroom is to list down the materials you need and check their prices in the market.
How long should a bathroom remodel take?
Another vital bathroom remodeling tip for 2022 is to understand how long bathroom remodeling takes.
You want to ensure that your bathroom remodeling project aligns with your schedule.
The time you will take when remodeling a bathroom depends on the scale of the job, and it also depends on whether you outsource the labor or do a DIY bathroom remodel.
Typically, you can expect to spend a minimum of four weeks doing a complete bathroom update.
Don’ts when remodeling a bathroom
- Don’t replace fixable fixtures. Instead, repair them and save money.
- Don’t overlook ventilation. Free circulation of air in your bathroom helps minimize mold growth.
- Another thing is to not DIY intricate bathroom fixtures. Find a professional to help.
Are you set to remodel your bathroom in 2022? Hopefully, you can take advantage of our helpful bathroom remodeling tips for 2022 and get started. And don’t forget to choose American Reclamation for all your construction debris disposal needs.